Abiding Harvest Church takes the Great Commission to "Go into all the earth and make Disciples.." very sincerely. In the past years, your support of this local church has enabled us to help sponsor a number of activities, outreaches and organizations both here and abroad. Examples of the efforts supported are:
* Restore Hope - a Tulsa based organization which helps people get back on their feet in difficult times by helping with basic needs such as food, clothing, and shelter assistance.
* Prison Fellowship Ministries - Prison Fellowship is one of the largest world-wide prison ministries whose programs and seminars are used in prisons around the state. Their training programs have been used to prepare hundreds of volunteers over the years.This organization focuses on helping prisoners break the life patterns that led them to prison in the first place such as drug and alcohol addictions. PFM works with people to help them see how loved and valuable to God they really are, and learn the necessary skills, so that they can have the right attitude of living when they are returned to the public arena.
Criminal Justice and Mercy Ministry (CJAMM) is the Oklahoma conference consolidated outreach to the offender and ex-offender and their families. It employs a network of churchs and transitional living units that is supported by hundreds of volunteers throughout Oklahoma. As such it is supported by apportionments and private gifting. The members of Abiding Harvest UMC have been active in volunteering to teach classes, drive buses, provide meals, lead services and provide music ministry. Additionally, AHUMC, through support by the Missions Council has sponsored several "Angel Tree" kids to go to the CJAMM "New Day Camps" each year.
* The Angel Tree Project - Each year this church has helped make Christmas a special time by reuniting incarcerated parents with their children outside the prison walls. Gifts are purchased on behalf of these parents and given-along with a note from the parent at a special party held just for this occasion!
* Wycliffe Bible Translators - An organization whose representatives take the time to live with people of different cultures around the world to learn their language and help put it into a written form. From there, they are able to teach these people how to read and write and then translate the Bible into this language so the people can see, hear, and read about God's amazing love for themselves!
* Mission trips Abroad: - For the past six years, Abiding Harvest has sent mission teams on trips to Belize, Central America. We have had the great honor of working alongside local pastors to help meet both the spiritual and physical needs of the Belizian people. These teams have helped support schools with much needed supplies, given many backpacks to students, clothed children of lower income families, help repair existing facilities and add onto the church itself.
We are determined to continue our support in these areas as well as working hard to help make a difference in additional opportunities; such as mission trips to India thru partnering with the North India Evangelistic Association, Ministry in Africa Thru Kindle the Flame Ministries headed by Ikem and Robin Grigsby, supporting an Orphanage in Kenya, local mission trips to those in need after the hurricane such as in Galveston, Texas, and supporting a missions trip to China!
We are blessed with awesome opportunities for our church to reach out and make a difference all around this world!!! Together, with God’s help, we can make this happen!